Monday, October 13, 2014

Under the Rainbow



Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.
The lovers, the dreamers and me.

Kermit The Frog sat on a lily pad in a swamp and sang this song back in ‘79. Every once in a while, it becomes an ear-worm for me (can’t get it out of my head), though not as bad as Over the Rainbow. If happy little bluebirds fly; They’re in my head, why won’t they die, and freeee me?
One thing that really surprised me as I researched rainbows is that not every culture sees them as a blessing. A number of them see rainbows as giant, demonic snakes. They will make their kids go inside and forbid them to even look at them. Where we enjoy thrilling beauty, they go hide in the closet! I’m glad to have a different perspective, aren’t you?
I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it will be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth. Genesis 9:13
What started me thinking about this was a quote I saw stating that the six or seven colors we associate with rainbows - Red and Orange, Yellow and Green, Blue and Purple, too (I can sing a Rainbow, can you?) - are a drop in the bucket when compared to the million or so that are also there but we can’t see. Which means we could be (actually are) immersed totally in light all the time, and perceive that we are in darkness, simply because we aren’t equipped to “see the light”. Infrared, ultraviolet, and who knows how many more. Actually, I know Who knows:
1 Timothy 6:16 [He] alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light; whom no man has seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and eternal power. Amen.
It’s a good thing we have Someone to open our eyes to what we’ve been missing, isn’t it?
John 8:12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
He is our “rainbow connection”, the full spectrum of all the Light that is. He is the fulfillment of the Covenant that marks the end of Death and the start of Life, revealing what cannot be seen otherwise, ALL the colors, and much, much more!
Hebrews 7:25 Therefore, [Jesus] is always able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment